Extra Precautions at Mindful Touch Massage
Greetings, friends. I hope this message finds each and every one of you healthy and well. As most of you know, COVID-19 has been categorized as a global pandemic by WHO (World Health Organization). There is a lot of fear and anxiety about the possible implications of our communities experiencing an outbreak of this virus. Most reputable sources are encouraging folks to stay calm, rational, and don’t panic. Panic and fear are terrible for your immune system!
That being said, I want to assure you that Mindful Touch Massage is committed to following all guidelines to stop the spread of COVID-19 and other viruses. We are following WHO and the CDC (Centers for Disease Control) and their recommended guidelines closely. Much of what they recommend are things we already do with diligence, like thorough hand washing before and after your massage, staying home when sick, and regularly disinfecting surfaces. However, we are taking some extra precautions at this time.
- We are asking that everyone wash their hands before coming into the massage room. We will have hand sanitizer available, but the CDC maintains that hand washing is our best line of defense.
- We will be disinfecting hard surfaces, doorknobs, and light switches (anything you would touch) more often than the regular weekly cleaning.
- If you would like your therapist to wear gloves during your massage, just ask. While we don’t believe this will help prevent spreading the virus any more than washing our hands before your massage, we understand that this is a scary situation for many, and want to do everything we can to make you feel safe.
- If you have any symptoms of the Flu (fever, nausea, body aches) or anyone in your household has symptoms, please call and reschedule your massage appointment. Although we have a 24-hour cancellation policy, we understand you cannot plan for a virus and you will never be penalized for cancellation due to illness.
- If you have traveled to and returned from a foreign country in the last 14 days, please reschedule your massage appointment until after the recommended self-quarantine period of 14 days.
We are committed to ensuring we are adhering to all published and updated guidelines from WHO and the CDC and are monitoring COVD-19, and other viruses, closely. Furthermore, there has never been a better time for safe, compassionate touch. Research shows that massage is helpful, not only for anxiety but boosting the immune system.
Last, but not least... THANK YOU for continuing to book with us, and be assured we take your health seriously and we value your patronage. Please feel free to call or text me (Nikki Terry, Owner) at 828.201.9794 if you have any questions or concerns.
For more information about COVID-19, please visit the CDC’s website at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
In Peace & Health,
Nikki Terry, LMBT
Your massage session is a sacred time. It is likely you have carefully carved out this time to honor and invest in your wellness. I believe you want to get the most therapeutic benefit possible and get relief from whatever is ailing you.Read More
Receiving regular massage therapy sessions during your pregnancy is an amazing benefit for you and your baby. When used in conjunction with other healthy lifestyle habits, like eating nutritiously and exercising, massage therapy can help with mood regulation, stress relief, and pain relief.Read More
Social distancing presents a huge challenge to providing massage therapy services during a public health crisis. The CDC recommends keeping a 6 feet distance between people at this time, and as you know, massage therapy is something that can only be done via close contact.Read More