Covid-19 and Massage
-While COVID-19 is present in our community, the following changes to procedures will occur:
-All clients will receive a COVID screening questionnaire via email 24 hours before their appointment. It will ask you if you have had a fever in the last 24 hours, if you have had any flu symptoms, and if you have been exposed to anyone who has tested positive for COVID in the last 14 days. It is in the form of a new client intake form, and even if you are current client, you will need to update this before every appointment. When you arrive to the building, and are asked the same questions at the door, if you respond yes to any of these questions, we will be unable to provide massage services to you that day. If this occurs, full payment will be due, as if it is a no-show or late cancellation. Please check your email before your appointment, and complete the COVID screening before each appointment to avoid this.
-When you arrive, please come to the front door of the building and wait for your therapist to come outside to do a COVID screening. They will be watching for you and will conduct a temperature check and health screening before you enter the building.
- Leave all personal belongings in your car accept what you need to pay for your session. (This will keep possible contamination at a minimum)
- Please do not wear gloves to your session. They can become contaminated the same way your hands can, and if they are not washed or sanitized will carry germs.
- Please come alone. At this time, friends and family are not permitted to wait in the waiting areas.
-Please use the hand sanitizer provided to sanitize your hands upon entrance of the building. Hand sanitizer will also be inside of the treatment room for you to use before you exit the room.
-Client and therapist are required to wear a mask that covers the nose and mouth for the duration of the interaction. You must have a mask on before entering the building. If you have a health condition that prohibits you from wearing a mask, then you are contraindicated for massage at this time. We will have to reschedule you when the CDC is no longer recommending masks.
- You have been informed that masks are required and that it is non-negotiable. If you refuse to wear a mask upon arrival, you will be refused service and charged for the session as if it were a no-show.
- If you forget your mask, we may be able to accommodate you with one. We may have some disposable masks in limited supply for you to use. However, ultimately you are responsible for your mask and if we cannot accommodate you with a mask, you will be refused service and charged for the appointment.
- CDC suggests that talking can disperse respiratory droplets that spread COVID-19. For this reason, we ask that you please limit talking to communication about pressure, warmth, and comfort while in the enclosed space of the treatment room.
- Intra-oral and face massage are prohibited at this time.
- Should you develop symptoms of COVID-19, or test positive, within 2 weeks of your session, please let us know so we can self-quarantine and let others know who may have been exposed.
-If you are waiting for the results of a COVID-19 test, we will need to reschedule you appointment when you are sure you are negative for the virus.
-If you have recently had COVID-19, the CDC recommends the following before returning to normal activities:
* 10 days since symptoms first appeared AND
* 24 hours with no fever without the use of fever-reducing medications AND
* Other symptoms of COVID-19 are improving (Loss of taste and smell may persist for weeks or months after recovery and need not delay the end of isolation)
Can you say YES to ALL 3 of the above mentioned conditions? If not, we need to reschedule your massage session. Please contact us as soon as possible to reschedule.
- While information is still limited about COVID-19, the CDC states that people with the following conditions are considered at a higher risk for complications from the virus. If you have one of these conditions, we recommend you post-pone your massage treatment for now. Due to the close contact involved in a massage therapy session, you may put yourself at risk.
- People 65 and older
- Chronic lung disease
- Moderate to severe asthma
- Heart conditions
- Compromised or suppressed immunity
- Severe obesity
- Chronic kidney disease